Mofrad named Academic Editor of PLoS One.
To print using the printer in 104A (Model: LaserJet P2055dn) do the following:
1. Download and install drivers for your OS here.
2. Open the Windows Run Dialog (Keyboard shortcut: ‘Windows key + R’) or in the Search programs and files field of the Start Menu enter: \\mcblfs1.qb3.berkeley.edu\lp
3. You will be prompted to select a driver. You can click Have Disk and point to the location where you installed the driver or select HP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6 if it is already in the list of HP printers.
1. Open Print & Scan from System Preferences.
2. Click the + button to add a printer.
3. In the Add Printer dialoge select Advanced.
4. Select Windows printer via spools as Type and specify smb://mcblfs1.qb3.berkeley.edu/lp as the URL.
5. Specify any Name you want and Print Using Select Printer Software and specify HP LaserJet Series PCL 4/5 and click Add.
6. If prompted to enable Duplexer do so and click through the prompts.
7. To print using this printer, you will be prompted for a username and password. You can authenticate using guest as the username and there is no need to specify a password.
You will need to register the device you are connecting with the Campus DHCP Service at: http://www.net.berkeley.edu/dhcp/ (CalNet ID required)
Once logged in, select Add new MAC addresses from the menu on the left.
Enter the MAC address of the device you want to connect and click Register. It may take a few minutes before your device is registered and working on the network.
With AirBears connections being spotty and congested, especially during the semester, we have setup a wireless router to connect to when in the lab.
SSID (Network Name in mac): mcblwr1 (for computational lab) or mcblwr2 (for wet lab)
Security Type: WPA2-Personal
Pre-Shared Key: igce-a5rl-3lbv
Instructions for connecting in Windows 7
Start >> Network and Sharing Center >> Manage wireless networks >> Add >> Manually create a network profile >> Enter network information from above >> Check “Start this connection automatically” & “Connect even if the network is not broadcasting >> Click Next >> Click Close
Our integrin models get highlighted by LBNL NewsCenter
Lab alum Sang-Hee Yoon joins the Inha University faculty as assistant professor of Mechanical Engineering and Director of Micro/Nano Soft Biomechanics Laboratory. Congratulations, Prof. Yoon!
Zeinab Jahed wins the NSERC scholarship, Canada’s top award for graduate studies. Congratulations, Zeinab!
Mofrad named to Editorial Board of IEEE Transactions of Biomedical Engineering.
Lab alum Preethi Chandran joins Howard University faculty as assistant professor of Chemical Engineering. Congratulations, Prof. Chandran!
Mohammad Azimi wins the 2012-2013 Craven & Lewis Fellowship. Congratulations, Mohammad!